Research System Home
Other Experiments Investigating Changes in
Hemolymph Proteins of M. sexta
Numerous inquiry-based projects that investigate
hemolymph proteins can be envisioned. For example, students
might think of a treatment for a larvae and design an
experiment to determine the effect of treatment on the
- What effect does starvation have on hemolymph
- Do hemolymph proteins differ with the diet of the
- Do hemolymph proteins change if the insect is
subjected to a heat shock or cold shock?
- Do hemolymph proteins change if the larvae eat
- Do hemolymph proteins change as a pupa ages?
These are just a few of the ideas for student projects
based on the simple techniques of hemolymph
collection, protein concentration
determination, and SDS-PAGE.